Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brought to You Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue

I"M BACK! Yay! I'm so happy to be back home to my camera and my computer and most importantly, my clothes :D So please enjoy!

Okay so I realize I am not at a beach, but considering I worked most days and my shifts were during beach time, I didn't get to spend much time near the ocean. But I promised a look at my beloved bathing suit so I did it in the backyard. Not the ideal setting I know, but you get the idea of it. 
So I absolutely love this bathing suit! I really wanted an unique bathing suit this summer and I love retro things so I figured why not carry that style over into my swimwear!? This bathing did not come like this, I ordered the top from one online store and the bottoms from another. Mostly because I didn't like the pairing of the bottoms to the top on the site. I also feel like if you're self conscious in a bathing suit, if you get a really unique one, people will be looking at it for its detail, not YOUR detail, therefore they will not pick your body apart as much as they would in say a plain black bikini. The retro design, the button details, the color, and the overall look of this bathing suit has gotten alot of attention when I wear it, but not in a way that people were looking at just my body, but instead the clothing. Also I feel like this bathing suit should be worn confidently because it combines the cardinal rule in regular fashion, into a bathing suit: define the waist and make yourself an hourglass shape. The high waist of the bottoms create the hourglass by cutting in at your smallest part, yet covers more than a regular bikini on the bottom with the boyshort-like bottoms. The top gives you coverage all around if you are busty with the high sides, constructed band, and halter straps. Also the stripes gather towards the bow making the rib cage/ back look slimmer. So please don't hide in another boring bathing suit if you love this style! Enjoy the compliments on your great style and your great body ;) 
I will be posting regularly again considering school starts tomorrow! That means a reason to get up and dressed in the morning, meaning more fashionable outfits! And for anyone wondering yes I will keep the instagram account active so in case you  can't jump on the blog one day check instagram for a quick Outfit Of The Day pic! 
Thanks for being so patient and good luck in your fashion adventures! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment